Friday 22 June 2012

Lakeland 100 recce video

Firstly, I would like to take the opportunity to wish all those about to set off on the journey that is the West Highland Way Race the best of luck and I hope you all get your wishes, whatever they may be, over this weekend.

I shall follow the race with interest but with very different emotions this year compared to 2011. This time last year I was just in the process of arranging the operation on my Achilles tendon and feeling very sorry for myself as I should have been standing on the start line in Milngavie. In 2012, I have a different focus and, while I still have plans to be on that start line again sometime, it was never in the plans this year.

This weekend I shall be supporting my father as he attempts to cycle and run the Two Saints Way which is an ancient pilgrimage route of about 90 miles, starting in Chester and finishing in Lichfield, over two days. He is raising money for his local church where he is a lay preacher and the route follows roads, canals, bridleways and footpaths. I will be doing some ferrying around of bikes and kit but more importantly, will do some of the running sections with him - approx. 15 miles on Saturday and two lots of 8 miles on Sunday. As ever, it will be nice to run some new trails and I'm really looking forward to being able to support my father after he did such a great job supporting me on the WHW race in 2010.

To finish, here is a short video of John and myself on our Lakeland 100 recce run last weekend. This completes our full recce and we both feel we are just about ready to go, just a bit of fine tweeking to be done over the next few weeks, a big weekend competing in the Saunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon and a nice taper. Simples!

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Another great video.

We have so many really good memories from our four recce runs together.

All we need to do now is put them all together.

In five weeks time we'll have only 22mins to the start!!